Thursday, August 11, 2011

The writer in me

The writer in me is not dead. I have found a way to keep myself busy. To make things more interesting like a tom and jerry show. I am forced to apply some of the tips given by great writers because people believe in them. One of them being 'Don't use jargons'. I have taken inspiration from Orwell, Hemmigway and Kurt Vonnegut. This has helped me to keep focus , as sharp as a blade of grass. I have surrendered to their rules. There are around 15 of them. I have to apply them consistently, regularly and without doubt in my writing. They are the gurus of writers, could be gurus', gurus as well. People have followed them. they have practiced it that way. They have breathed that way. I like to breathe their air as well. It may not be practical to use these rules verbatim but we can always follow some rules and break others if need be. That is what writing and life teaches us and that is what they teach us.
Upcoming writer
oaktreegrass.

No comments:

Post a Comment