Friday, August 12, 2011

Matrices in real life

Very few of us knows that matrices are used in real lives and also that I like mathematics. I can't say I am excellent but I feel that I am somewhere around average. My liking however for the subject is far more than my excellence.

There are various uses of matrices. I am writing this particular column for the only reason that I find myself convinced that I know matrices. Mostly in our education we are not taught about the applications of such operations. They are only used in higher studies. We can't wait for that. Matrices as I have seen has many uses one of them being heat flow. The matrix represents a set of data arranged in tabular form. Various points are represetnted by different degrees of heat or temperature. This is hwo we know and understand matrices. Stress, strain, force acting on various parts of a metal can all be studied with the help of matrices. Even weather can be learnt with matrices. How do they do it. IT is simple. Each miniscule point in space represents say temperature in degrees of the cloud or wind. They automatically affect the nearby areas and there is a chain of such temperatures. Pressures of air can also be represetnted by matrices. Simulatneous equations as we call it can be represented by Matrices. This is of great value.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment