Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My new arena

I have suddently been driven into writing stories. I don't read them but I want to write a few. Well, how do you do that? The answer is write it. But don't get misled by the previous message. It only says write it. It doesn't give the easier message which is hidden behind the words that how should the story be written.



Any large work has to be organized so that it makes sense. Writing stories is also something like this. You have to organize and re-organize when you write something. Words don't flow linear. You have to make an outline before you start. Reading can also be done in a similar way. Outlining makes all the difference. It makes you the driver of your seat. You maneover the car, no one else does. But keep in mind the destination. The destination is that your readers are happy reading it and find some value in what they read. They are either coaxed by your writing or the story or get some relief for what they have read. This is not new. We must arouse interest. Draw them in to buy the product. Let us leave this to the publisher. But if you know the commercial aspects of writing then you would be drawn towards making a very customer centric book. Recently when I sent my 2 short stories I made it very clear in my head that I send the best one so that the publishers know what to do with them. I am no guru of writing, nor am I the next Chetan Bhaghat or Amitav Ghosh or Chekov. I wish I could.




Thanks for listening

No comments:

Post a Comment