Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cars the star

Today, I went to one of a leading automotive company in India. Why did I go? Not to buy the company but to ask for a job from one of my senior colleague. As usual I had to catch a train and go to Kandivali. I thought of taking a printout letter for him but couldn't. The shop keepers' computer wasn't taking my pen drive. What to do? So I cancelled the idea of taking a printout.Printout was a scrap idea.I couldn't execute very well with my available time and energy. Now what to do?

Then later I went to catch an auto rickshaw. They have sharing rickshaw there. I took up sharing rickshaw and then he drove to the company in a very small amount. Rs. 5/- only for such a crucial assignment. Then as I reached the yellow gate and that is what they call it, I stood outside for sometime and saw whether all the things in my bag are in proper places. Then I had to stand under a tree. I checked my bag and in the mean time Rain God showed his presence. The fall was very immediate and fast. I stood under a tree and checked my bag and pulled out the umbrella and took note of my bag.

Later, I went into the company. I had to get a gate pass from the security. He was kind off explaining me on how to go inside. However, I signed in a wrong register and he told me to scrap it. Then I waited for him. He gave me the gate Pass. Thereafter I went to the place where the IE Department was there and thereafter I met the receptionist wh0 was a very kind man and came out and explained where should I go. HE told me that Industrial engineering department has changed its location. I shouldn't forget that I talked to my colleague on phone and he told me to come in. Back to the receptionist who showed me the direction. Then there was another person whom I had to ask for. He said that the IED Department was in the first floor. Then I went to two other departments and couldn't find my senior. A person standing outside told me and took me to the department. There finally I met him. I was excited to see him and breathed a sign of relief. He was doing something in his computer. Thereafter he offered me a seat. The office was nice. Reminded me of my old office. He asked me about my wellbeing and he too did as a part of an ice breaker. He asked me about the reason for coming and I told him what was the case. Thereafter he asked me whom I had met in the past. I asked him whether they were there. He said that Jena Sir was the manageer of the department and he had gone for a meeting. I showed him my resume' and he told me that it was possible to get what job is there in the company website. I told him that I had seen the company website and told him where was the vacancy. He asked me a few questions and finally told me that he had some vacancy in the axle department. He also told me it is not possible to get in Engineering but in production since I had done my engineering in Production. Is it getting too long? Please wait. I was eager to meet Jena sir but I was so engrossed talking to him that I really forgot and then I remembered later. I shall surely meet him in the next visit.

He took my CV and there after I explained him what is there in the CV. He was kind enough to go through the CV and gave me assurance that he would help me with this. He also said that it is impossible to create a vacancy because the annual vacancy is approved by the President of the company. He told me to send a softcopy to his email id. Any way I was happy to meet him. I will be very glad to meet them later.

I went out and then I gave the Gate Pass to the security and then I went out and reached my home

Satisfactory day.

No comments:

Post a Comment