Thursday, December 2, 2010

Text books over story books

We all hated textbooks. They were only to memorize. They suggested hard work and putting your nose down and not seeing here and there. They were meant to pass exams which in themselves were taxing. But this hate of textbooks has carried over our hate for story books. After all they look similar.

I have a certain reason for not liking story books. Because somewhere they don't make sense why people do what they do. At every point I would have taken a different course of action unlike what the character of the story takes. Unless I am convinced about the previous steps the character takes how am I to trust him in the later stages. Slowly and steadily everybody becomes a person who you cannot trust.

I may be wrong because I have not read many. I have read few wellknown pieces of some stories the first few pages. May be I have no taste for living things in stories. They are too dynamic. Text books aren't so. "I can trust text books I cannot trust stories". The more I read stories the less trust I could place on human beings. I have so shifted back to text books which gives me certainty over uncertainty. I would say further that textbooks give certainty to uncertainty and stories gives uncertainties to certainties. They put us on a steep, long walking rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment