Sunday, September 5, 2010

The little knowhow of drawing

I know a few people who are masters of drawing or at least close to it. They are, or should I say they were prodigies of drawing; each master in their own art. I haven't seen drawing much but to the little I know, their drawings looked real life, nowhere close to a caricature or comic.

Drawing is an immensely beautiful skill to acquire. Very few are capable of drawing well and at least the population who can draw well is very less. They got sucked into the real world and mostly by this time they might have forgotten drawing. I just assume, but I wish they ought not. Today I tried to make an attempt to draw a village road, it didn't come out well. I wish to improve on it. It is practice and more so right practice. Spend sometime say half an hour or so every alternate days for drawing something you like. See drawings and also see the lines and the deviations that the artist uses while he completed the drawing.

There are methods and laws that govern beautiful drawing like any other skill. It is this transfer of knowledge to motor skills that makes all the difference. We all know that critics of drawing aren't good at drawing themselves. They are critics who do their job. Drawing as an art sounds more inviting than drawing as a method. But the more we learn about any art we come to know that there are techniques behind such arts. The wonderful paintings that I have seen and which very few people have the greatness in them, is certainly enough to draw any amateur into the skilful practice of drawing. Draw something, any thing. You may not know the method but by 5 years or so you will certainly learn to draw well.

No comments:

Post a Comment