Friday, September 2, 2011

My dictionary

‘Exaggeration’ – This is the first word when I referred to a dictionary. I will never forget it. It was spelled out by one of my friends when we were ambling to home from school in the evening of a sunny evening. To our left was a garden and to our right there was a pan-wala waiting eagerly to sell his pans to the customer who were standing besides him.

It was a rainy day, and the time was somewhere in the early evening. Our umbrellas were closed and the day was fine. We could smell the soil on the road, and fulfill the entire experience as one with Mother Nature.

I reached my house and hurriedly without waiting for long rushed to my dictionary and what I saw in the definition was something like this–‘to add to the interest of by including made-up details’.

I was happy and found real meaning in improving my vocabulary. I bought one book, 30 days to a more powerful vocabulary – by Norman Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment